Friday, May 1, 2009

National Astronomy Day

I know I've been remiss in my posts of late, but I can't let today pass without reminding you that Saturday, May 2 is International Astronomy Day. Wherever you are, find an event and celebrate this exciting day with your loved ones. If you are in the Santa Barbara area, the Museum of Natural History will be hosting their annual festivities, including live science demos, make-and-take crafts for kids, lots of planetarium shows, a speaker from JPL to talk about a next-generation Mars robot, and a free telescope raffle.
I'll be at the Miami Science Center with Hubbystronomer and Little Dudestronomer. If you're in the area, I'll hope to see you there. If you're elsewhere, make sure to celebrate Astronomy Day!

1 comment:

Flem said...

Ooh thanks for the tip. Will try to get the kids down there today.